To promote local cw ops:
- 6m on Tuesday Nights from 6:30-7:30 on 51.000 MHz
- Interested in a sked? email me k1rid at yahoo
- If you want to try 2m or 70cm, happy to give weak signal cw a spin
Everyone is invited to listen, call CQ or reply with your call at the speed you are most comfortable.
Regular check-ins to the 6 meter net:
- W1GLO/KA1BTK, Gardi (Cape Ann Amateur Radio Society)
- AB1XK, Tony
- KC1BMD, Norm
- KN1O, Al
- K1RID, Ed
- KB1KR, Dave
- KB1WFK, Mike (East Rockingham EMA)
Here is a clip of me calling cq on 2M recorded by Mike, KB1WFK at his home QTH in Exeter, NH
Either reply to CQ from a net control station or call CQ at any speed or ability. Many of us are still learning so there is no hassle!
K1RID 6m CW Station:
- Alinco DX70 running 25 watts to homebrew wire Squalo in attic
- J37 straight key
- located on Winter Street in Newburyport
Calculated Line Of Sight propagation:
- forecast LOS using this calculator
Real Time VHF Propagation Map:
- This cool site collects & maps APRS data in near real time! CLICK HERE
- ur call, name, rst, qth
- rag chew if time permits
- remember to drag your feet a bit to allow others to check in
Useful CW Net Q Codes: There are many Q codes but we use few.
- QNE – please stand by
- QLF? – are you sending with your left foot?
- QSL – received
- QTH – location
- QSB – signal fading
- QSY – changing frequency